Cytron technologies was built in 2004 to offer smart solutions to students and educators, empowering them to make electronic and robotic projects. Digital making is at the heart of Cytron, and their products aim to fill the gap between consumers and electronic equipment. By simplifying digital making, the company addresses the needs of customers who are passionate about building their projects from scratch.
The name ‘Cytron’ is inspired by the home planet of the transformers, ‘Cybertron.’ Clearly, this company’s founders are ‘Transformers’ fans. Since the concept of alien AI machine robots is far-fetched at best, Cytron electronics aims to deliver out-of-the-box solutions that make modern technology more accessible.
Are you wondering what the need for Cytron products is? The truth is, robotics is a thrilling and hands-on approach to learning STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). Robot building encourages young minds with programming, problem-solving, and decision-making. There are several benefits of robotics in education, and that’s why it’s gaining momentum worldwide.
Here are some advantages of electronic and robotic building for students.
- It incorporates creativity, knowledge, and self-expression. The building process motivates people to think of out-of-the-box solutions to solve problems.
- Integrating robotics into standard learning improves students’ attention levels, making them feel more involved and engaged.
- This skill is relevant to future job opportunities.
- Robotics allows students to visualize programming codes, making them more interesting.
The journey of Cytron
The team behind Cytron io joined forces to participate in ROBOCON Malaysia. Their love for building robots eventually led them to greater heights, and they won the national level. Winning ROBOCON was the first proof of concept the team was looking for. Knowing that they were onto something big, the winners created the company Cytron together. Their first product was SK40A, a PIC microcontroller starter kit.
Cytron Malaysia’s first product was a beginning kit that enabled users to create their own robotic and electronic assignments. What started between a team of 5 enthusiasts working from a rented house steadily grew into a group of 35 members with their own Surface Mount Technology (SMT) line in a massive factory.
The team at Cytron believes that users can learn digital making by building their own projects. To achieve this, the company designs boards and modules that simplify the building process. Moreover, they offer advice on how users can get started and guide them in selecting the right parts for their projects. Through Cytron, learners can buy reliable parts at affordable prices.
The company is based in Penang, Malaysia, and has designed and produced more than 100 products, including robot controllers, motor drivers, sensors, and different kinds of Shields and HATs.
Cytron products and services
Cytron is a hub for all electronic enthusiasts. The company’s vast product line offers advanced solutions perfect for learners and builders. You can find the following products at Cytron Technologies.
- Arduino Ecosystem- Official Arduino main board, compatible Arduino main board, Shields for Arduino, kits based on Arduino, and accessories for Arduino.
- Micro:bit- Main board, kits, robots, expansion board, enclosure, power and wire, and accessories.
- Raspberry Pi- Main board, kits, power, HAT, enclosure, display, camera, accessories, and books.
- Motor and motor driver
- Sensors- Kits, infrared/ light, line tracking, ultrasonic, gas, color, liquid/flow/pH, a biometric sensor, flex/force/touch, temperature/humidity/pressure, GPS/compass, rotary encoder, proximity, camera, laser range finder, motion, current sensor, sound, and other sensors
- 3D modeling- 3D printer, laser cutting/engraving, filament, and 3D accessories.
- AI/DL- Nvidia Jetson, Google coral, and other AI platforms.
- Wireless & IoT- GPS, LoRa, GSM, WiFi, RF, RFID, XBee, Bluetooth, Infrared (IR), and Smart Home
- Junior makers
- Robotics and electronics- Hardware, robot accessories, rero, power, electronic components, and Makeblock.
- Development tools- Maker series, educational training kit, PIC microcontroller, computer interface, ARM development tool, BeageleBone, FPGA, software, tools, and equipment.
- Miscellaneous- e-Class, merchandise, training, books and magazine, workshop and training, maker’s selection, stock clearance, and discontinued items.
If you are keen to learn ‘What is digital making,’ the brand also provides digital making courses through tutorials and its dedicated forum. On the Cytron Technologies website, you can find tutorials on:
- 3D printing
- Motor/ robot
- Raspberry Pi
- IoT/ Wireless
Cytron Student Benefit Program
Cytron Marketplace wants to uplift learners and encourage them to explore digital making in Malaysia. The Student Benefit Program is an initiative by Cytron to help young learners progress in the field of electronic and robotic building. Students can sign up for free and avail the following benefits:
- Free shipping without minimum order restriction
- Latest updates on offers and promotions
- Information regarding workshops, training, and seminars
- One year validity
If you’re a student who wants to ace robotic building, you can sign up for this program for free. You can become a member by following the steps outlined below:
- Create an account if you don’t already have one.
- Fill out this form.
- Double-check all your details to ensure they are correct. The picture on your student’s ID card is proof, so make sure you upload it before submitting the form.
- The process may take 2-3 working days.
- An email will be received after you have successfully registered.
Cytron Technologies is Atome’s partner merchant
Cytron is synonymous with the latest technologies. Therefore, it’s only befitting that the company has partnered with a leading BNPL company, Atome, to cater to modern digital-savvy consumers. Cytron technologies allow customers to pay for its products through three interest-free monthly payments. This flexible payment plan is supported through Atome’s platform. Continue reading to learn more about Atome’s service.
What is Atome, and how can you use it?
Atome is a buy-now-pay-later company that’s based in Singapore. The service is operational in ten countries across the world, including Malaysia, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Japan, and Mainland China. Atome has over 15,000 partner merchants that allow users to shop for thousands of branded products and premium services.
With Atome, you can shop at online and offline partner stores. The firm recently partnered with Pine Labs Malaysia to allow seamless BNPL payment acceptance for in-store purchases. Moreover, the company continuously upgrades its services to offer users the best shopping experience possible.
With Atome’s payment service, users can manage their budget and purchase responsibly over time. Download the app (get the app) and register an account to start shopping with Atome’s zero-interest payment flexibility. If you download the app now, you get a welcome voucher of RM15 off that you can use on your next purchase.
How to pay at Cytron Technologies with Atome
- Scan the QR code from Atome’s app for in-store purchases.
- For online transactions, select Atome as your payment method when checking out.
- Enter your user details when redirected.
- Pay one part of your Cytron bill and defer the remaining amount.
Shop at Cytron Technologies through Atome
Robotics is an extensive field that overlaps several aspects of our lives. Robotic learning is a powerful tool that empowers individuals to work on their life skills and social skills. You can become a part of this ground-breaking methodology with Cytron Technologies. If you are worried about upsetting your monthly budget, shop through Atome’s monthly payment plans. This way, you can learn a new skill while paying for it over time.