Ramadan 2022 is just around the corner! Ramadan Kareem is a holy month for Muslims all over the world.
The Ramadan countdown is ticking, and Muslims all over the world are bracing themselves for this hallowed month. Soon, the crescent will announce the arrival of Ramadan Kareem, and the consecrated month will commence with all its grandeur and angelic vibes. Just as people so much as get a glimpse of Ramadan Kareem’s moon, your cellphone will be filled with sweet Ramadan quotes, happy Ramadan wishes, Ramadan Kareem wishes, and you’ll even see people’s phones dressed in Ramadan wallpapers and Ramadan backgrounds – such is the glory of this blissful month.
Salam Ramadan! Today, in this post, we will be shedding some sanctified light on the glory and magnificence of this revered month – Ramadan Kareem! This article will gear you up with all the necessary knowledge about Ramadan Kareem, and you will march out knowing all the must-know tips!
Salam Ramadan! The significance of Ramadan Kareem in Malaysia
If you’re a proud citizen of Malaysia and don’t know the dynamics and Ramadan’s background in Malaysia, you don’t have to worry about anything – you’re at the right place.
Ramadan is essentially the ninth month in the sacred Islamic calendar. During this month, Muslims residing all over the globe fast (from sunrise to sunset), religiously offer prayers, distribute alms and charity, and center all their efforts on religious devotion. Ramadan Kareem is divided into three parts – the last (third) part being the holiest. This third commemorates the time when the Koran’s (Quran) first verses were revealed to the Holy Prophet (PBUH).
Ramadan Kareem is the month of fasting for Muslims – they are not allowed to drink, eat, or have sex from Fajr prayers to Maghrib prayers. The fast is initiated by the last meal – Sahur (signified by Niat Puasa Ramadan). It comes to an end with an evening meal – Iftar or Berbuka Puasa. From sunrise (Fajr) to sunset (Maghrib), the Ramadan countdown is in full momentum for Muslims as they spend a substantial part of their day in God’s worship and duty to God.
Ramadan Kareem meaning
You might have often heard the word ‘Kareem’ chaperoning Ramadan. Ramadan Kareem is fairly less commonly used compared to Ramadan, but it’s still there and boxes a beautiful meaning. Ramadan Kareem means ‘generous’ Ramadan. This takes its roots from the fact that Muslims are tremendously generous during this holy month and go to marveling lengths to help the poor and please God.
The key differences between Hari Raya and Ramadan
Hari Raya or Eid al-Fitr is followed by the holy month of Ramadan and marks the end of the sacred month.
Hari Raya, Hari Raya Aidil Fitri, or Hari Raya Puasa is the most extensive holiday in Malaysia (after the Chinese New Year). Hari Raya jubilates itself at the end of the fasting months and instigates a total of two public holidays, in which people return to their respective towns and villages – Balik Kampung. During the Hari Raya week, half of Malaysia’s citizens are on the road to go back to their homes. This means the otherwise jam-packed city, Kuala Lumpur, is quite peaceful with half the population.
Celebrating Ramadan in glory – who does it?
As mentioned earlier, Ramadan is a consecrated month for Muslims all over the world. It is a month inundated with devotion to God, fasting, and introspection. Therefore, the followers of Islam or Muslims celebrate Ramadan! Ramadan was the month in which the Holy Book (Quran) was revealed to the Holy Prophet.
Observing Ramadan in style in Malaysia
According to research, around 60% of Malaysians celebrate Ramadan Kareem as it’s a special month. Malaysians proudly revel in hosting ‘Ruma Terbuka’ or ‘Open House’ during the month of Ramadan. This starts on the third or fourth day of Ramadan and continues for the next ten days.
With the commencement of Ramadan, people exchange Ramadan greetings and Ramadan wishes. You’ll see Ramadan wallpapers embellishing the mobile phones of your loved ones, and even on the roads, you’ll see a boatload of fascinating and beauteous Ramadan posters. Plus, while passing by, you’ll see a lot of Ramadan quotes on billboards and walls.
The first day of Ramadan in Malaysia is marked by a public holiday in the states of Melaka, Kedah, and Johor. Plus, there’s a reduction in office hours to ease the pressure on employees. Every Ramadan Kareem, a ‘bubur lambuk,’ is prepared and distributed – it’s a Malaysian tradition. The decadent delight is a creamy rice porridge constituting coconut milk, meat pieces, spices, and other piquant ingredients.
Plus, throughout the month of Ramadan, Malaysia is adorned with Ramadan bazaars. These bazaars offer piquant delicacies to break your fast with and are spread throughout Malaysia.
Salam Ramadan! What should I buy?
Ramadan is welcomed with a roar by most stores, shopping malls, and other outlets. You’ll find exclusive discounts offered at your favorite stores, and you’ll literally be jumping to have the haul of your life!
Buying Food & Groceries during Ramadan
Food and groceries are the life and blood of Ramadan. It’s like food and groceries sustain, bolster, and fuel the holy month. If you’re looking to buy Ramadan food and groceries during this special occasion, the stores mentioned below might do you a solid!
- MYDIN – Malaysia’s grandest homegrown Halal retail chain and hypermarket
- Metrojaya – the perfect store for women, men, kids, and household goods
- Isetan – household products, fashion, beauty, and more
- IFMAL – foods, beverages, cutlery, kitchenware, furniture, and more
- MYPETANI – fruit platters, fruit baskets, fruity add-ons, and more
- FruitsMore – Fruit baskets, fruit boxes, reserved fruit baskets, and more
- Starbucks – Coffee, drinks, and other edibles. Know more about Starbucks Malaysia!
- Love18C – Handmade chocolates for everyone
- Amazin’ Graze – Purveyor of fun, tropically-inspired, healthy snacks
- AL-LECCA – Top-notch, healthy food based on Sacha Inchi
- COMVITA & Manuka Australia – Honey harvested from pristine forests of New Zealand
- Kinohimitsu – A store inspired by botanical medical aids
Fashion items to buy during Ramadan 2022
Shop from the fashion stores mentioned below if you’re looking for something fashionable to wear this Ramadan and Hari Raya.
- B.Adore – Crossbody bags, handbags, shoulder bags, backpacks for women, and more
- New Era – Trendy caps and t-shirts of the new era
- Nike – Shoes, athletic gear, apparel, and other sports products. Know more about Nike Malaysia offline and online stores right now!
- Under Armour – Game-changing sports clothes, shoes, bags, and accessories
- Braun Buffel – Premium handbags and accessories
- ALDO – Trendy handbags, shoulderbags, shoes, and accessories
- Charles & Keith – Trendy women’s and kid’s fashion, bags, shoes, and accessories. Know more about Charles and Keith Malaysia!
- CROSSOVER – Premium sneaks and lifestyle products
- Lilit – A modest fashion house with pleasant watercolor prints, soft pleats, and silk silhouettes.
- dUCK – Bags, accessories, apparel, home & living, beauty, and more
- Mimpi Kita – A contemporary fashion brand with exquisite pieces
- Fashionvalet – Tops, pants, skirts, dresses, outerwear, sets, and more
- Kapten Batik – Men’s collection of batik shirts
- Luxendra Online Mart – Clothes, bags, shoes, and much more at affordable prices
- Umbi Kids & Eloque – Fashionable clothes and accessories for your children
- Anaabu – Comfort wear for her and him
- Fashrevo – Branded fashion accessories, including handbags with endless style possibilities.
- BELLA AMMARA – Bakinis, kurungs, jubbahs, tops, bottoms, hijabs, and other accessories
- Nelissa Hilman – A fashion house devoted to designing shoes that celebrate women. When trying to craft the perfect pair of shoes, emphasis is given on classic design with distinctive youthfulness, comfort, sustainable material, and craftsmanship
- LosraVelda – Apparel for men, women, and children
- BONIA – A vast range of bags, shoes, and accessories
- Coach – Designer handbags, shoes, and wallets
- Hush Puppies – Shoes, bags, and more
- Oxwhite – Luxurious lifestyle brand that prides itself on top-notch essentials made especially for Asians
- Xixili – Lingerie, bras, panties, sleepwear, shapewear, and accessories for women
- 6IXTY8IGHT – Intimates, bras, underwear, sleepwear, home wear, casual clothing, and activewear for women
- Clarks – The best footwear for men and women
Beauty products to buy before the Ramadan countdown
Ramadan is incomplete without beauty products. Buy your favorite beauty products from the stores mentioned below!
- Sephora – An ever-increasing amount of classic and emerging brands across a broad range of product categories including skincare, makeup, fragrance, body, and haircare, in addition to its own private label. Know more about the Sephora beauty brand.
- Laneige – Beauty products for every skin type. Get the best Laneige sleep mask to enhance your skin condition!
- Fresh – Nature-inspired skincare and body care products
- L’Occitane en Provence – Award-winning skincare including eye cream and hand cream, body, fragrance, hair, and home products made with natural ingredients
- Sasa – Huge variety of beauty, health products including hair treatment and fragrance
- Etude House – Instant beauty fixes and skincare products
- Skillano Beauty – Best hair removal and shaving products
- Alluskin – Skincare products
- Watsons – Provide new products, sales, and promotions on skincare, cosmetics, personal care, and more
Get Electronics and Home products during Ramadan
If you’re looking for home products and electronics, these stores are definitely worth a visit.
- PRISM+ – Top-grade gaming monitors, TVs, and displays
- MajuHome Concept – A-grade furniture for your homes
- Kenwood – Kitchen electronics and other home appliances
- Gaias Concept Store – Comfortable bed sheets, pillows, pillowcases, blankets, luggage bags, and comforters
- Sonno – Providing you with a next-level sleeping experience
- Joey Mattress – Highly comfy foam mattresses
- Trapo – The best car mats in Malaysia
- Cosmic Cookware – Cutting-edge cookware in Malaysia
- Gintell – Massage chairs, fitness equipment, and more
Home & living products to shop for during Ramadan
If you want to update home appliances or purchase new items to embellish your home environment, the following pop stores are worth your consideration.
- Samsung – Explore the latest smartphones, wearables, tablets, TVs, digital appliances, and more at Samsung’s offline store in Malaysia.
- KHIND– Bring great innovative and affordable products to consumers, manufacturing and distributing a wide range of home appliances of the best qualities such as air-cooling fans, chillers, rice cookers, freezers, toaster ovens, air fryers, washing machines, and vacuum cleaners
- Mayer– Make home cooking a household activity that people enjoy doing, from everyday cooks to professional chefs! Kitchenware including food processor, electric kettle, and home appliances like a home cooler are available.
- MBH – Bring forest-like fresh air and atmosphere into your home with MBH Product’s range of aroma diffusers, humidifiers, air purifiers, and other small appliances.
- COSMO – Offers technologically advanced air purifier option that is constantly upgraded.
- Flash Gadgets – Leading brands of products in the line of digital cameras, video camcorders, audio/visual gadgets, photo printers, and related photography accessories.
- DirectD – Provide smartphones, tablets, and accessories at the best price in the markets
- Garmin– A renowned leader in the aviation, marine, automotive, outdoor, and fitness markets
Automotive and Insurance to get in Ramadan
If you want to buy a new car, get your car serviced, insured, or equipped with accessories, these Malaysian stores are for you.
- Bjak – Motor and car insurance
- MyEG – Car and motorcycle insurance. Know more about MyEG insurance!
- Castrol Auto Service – Get the best auto service in Malaysia
- LimTayarisOnline – An e-commerce marketplace where car owners are able to purchase products and services for their cars
- VX Garage – An automotive community platform enabling consumers to discover a range of automotive-related products and services with ensured quality at competitive prices
Celebrate Ramadan with Atome!
Did you know that all of the above-mentioned stores in Malaysia are partners of Atome (get the app)? Well, now you do! Atome offers you 3 interest-free payment plans if you purchase goods from any of the stores mentioned above.
Headquartered in Singapore with over 5000 partnered merchants and available in 9 markets, Atome offers its users the choice and convenience of flexible payment options for a variety of products and services. The app allows shoppers to split their purchases over three interest-free monthly payments by scanning a partner retailer’s in-store QR code or upon website checkout.
By splitting their payments, Atome users will be able to better manage their budget while making quality products and services more reachable.
Here’s how you can pay using Atome:
- Download the app and create an account.
- Check out from your favorite store using Atome.
- Log into your Atome account.
- Pay only part of the bill and the rest of it later!
Ramadan 2022 is just around the corner, and people all over the world are extremely psyched. Ramadan Kareem is shrouded in happiness, Ramadan greetings, festivities, and much more that people absolutely adore. Are you ready for the sacred month? Well, we certainly are.
The Ramadan countdown is ticking, and everyone is invigorated. Go buy stuff to begin this holy month with a bang from the stores mentioned in this article – your purchase will definitely be worth it. Plus, do not forget to use the Atome app for your bills for flexible payments!
Salam Ramadan! Ramadan Mubarak! We wish you a very happy Ramadan!